CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Combined Locs

Okay, I said to myself that I wouldn't combine any locs because I Loved the size that I created. Okay....well....now I'm taking it back. I noticed some locs that were thinning in the front and a few on the sides towards the crown of my head that were waaaayyyy smaller than the neighboring locs. So I joined them together and I like the new size. I see more definition and I think they may loc faster. I will say this I won't make them any bigger than they are now. That's my word and I'm sticking to it! :)
Okay, I found another way to combine locs on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gURRfqU1wi4&feature=related

5 comments:

The Real Nique said...

How did you combine them? Do you have pics of the combined braidlocks?

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Yes, I also want pictures!

Naturally Sophia said...

Although I want to see pictures too, I think you made the right decision. Having a million locks that are hanging on by a strand isn't healthy. And the truth is, the fewer the locks the easier and less consuming the maintenance. You little girl is simply precious. I have a gal pal that locked her boy at 2 and he is 10 now.
TTYL

BrownSuga said...

I just handled them as if they were two strand twists and combined them that way. I tried it with two other locs a few months ago earlier in my journey and it seems to be locking a lot faster because it's thicker. We will see how these behave. If they don't and start to unravel I will take them down and loc them from scratch. I will post some pics for you guys.

BrownSuga said...

You are right Sophia. I did go back and forth because I did want them to be smaller but I didn't like the way they were looking. Thanks for the compliment about my little one.