CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Made My Own Hair Tie




Because I am a DIYer, I wanted to attempt to make my own hair tie. I knew it couldn't be that hard. I found out that it was easier than making a necklace. The circular design was originally purchased as a pair to make earrings, purchased at Michaels. It's hard to tell because of the bright reflections but its inscribed with the words "Be True To Yourself" and the toggle clasp (also purchased from Michaels) is inscribed with the word "smile". I used a 1mm elastic black cord which is kind of thin so I had to double it up. Next time I'll buy a thicker cord. Again sorry about the reflection, I couldn't get my camera to work the way I wanted.


5 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Lovely.I wonder where i'd find such in this country of mine...When my hair grows, I'll start looking.And then i'll ask you for directions LOL

Anonymous said...

Very Nice!!!

BrownSuga said...

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous said...

Although I can see it clearly I think its pretty. So... would you mind doing a step by step post on how you made your hair tie that shows how you got the elastic to stay on the toggle?

BrownSuga said...

Hey Nickie, the toggle has a place on the back where you can run the elastic cord through. I did that and just secured it with a knot. I'm not sure if all toggles are made this way. If it doesn't have a place to run the cord through I personally wouldn't buy it because I wouldn't know how to secure it.